STARWOOD HOTELS AND RESORTS UP YOUR GAME. GO COURTSIDE. SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.'s ("Starwood") Up Your Game. Go Courtside (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who are members of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., United States Tennis Association® (USTA) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Starwood One StarPoint, Stamford, CT 06902. (the "Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on July 8, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on August 15, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). Entries submitted prior to or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified.
5. METHOD OF ENTRY: No purchase or hotel stay is required to win. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
A. To Enter Online Visit: www.spg.com/usopensweeps and complete the required registration to receive one (1) free entry. You may only register one time during the promotion. You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Promotion Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Visit www.spg.com or call 888-625-4988 to join. All promotions associated with the Starwood Preferred Guest Program are subject to the terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program, which are subject to change without notice
B. With a Qualified Room Stay: Once registered you earn one additional entry with each Qualifying Room Stay, booked online at www.spg.com or by phone, call 1-888-625-4988, at participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts from July 8, 2013 through August 15, 2013 (stays booked through third parties do not qualify for additional entry). When you make your reservation you must register using your Starwood Preferred Guest membership number or user name and password. A qualifying stay is defined as one night at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts property during the Promotion Period regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. Each Qualified Room Stay by an entrant earns one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Entry occurs after the Qualified Room Stay posts to your Starwood Preferred Guest account.
C. Without a Stay: Hand print your name, address, (no P.O. Box address accepted) day and evening phone numbers, e-mail address (if any), and age on a 3" x 5" piece of paper. Mail it in a hand-addressed envelope to Starwood's Up Your Game. Go Courtside, P.O. Box 3010, Rogers, MN 55374-3010. Mail-in entry must be postmarked no later than August 15, 2013, and received by August 24, 2013. LIMIT: One (1) entry per envelope, per person, per day.
For All Methods of Entry: Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; or other connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or mail and or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Sweepstakes entry process. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
6. DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 24, 2013 from all of the eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor's behalf in St. Paul, MN, by Interactive Games, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via email and or phone within three (3) days of the drawing. If the potential winner does not respond within three (3) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all eligible entries received.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") and IRS Form W-9 within five (5) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received.
8. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) randomly selected winner will receive two (2) courtside tickets to the 2013 US Open men's tennis final on Monday, September 9th 2013; two (2) night stay at the Westin Grand Central; plus 100,000 Starpoints® which may be used toward air transportation. Prize has an approximate retail value of $4500.00.
Property stay arrangements will be made by a designated Starwood customer service representative. Free Award Night is valid for standard room, double occupancy. Free Award Nights must be booked by September 1, 2013, and consumed by September 10, 2013. Free Award Night is subject to room availability. Unused Free Award Night is forfeited. The flight component will be issued in the form of Starpoints to be used towards SPG® Flights (spg.com/flights). Starpoints to be deposited in winner's SPG account with one week of being confirmed the winner. Winner must be a member of SPG to qualify for the prize. Membership may be obtained for free at spg.com or spg.com/resorts. All SPG program rules apply. Use and expiration of Starpoints are pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG Program.
No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize(s) are not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Prize(s) are not refundable, non transferable and must be accepted as awarded. All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the prize descriptions listed herein, including but not limited to, additional lodging, transportation, parking, food and beverage, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at the hotel or otherwise, security fees, travel insurance (mandatory), souvenirs and incidentals, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner and his or her designated guest and are not covered by Sponsor. It is the Grand Prize winner's and his/her guest's sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation presenting necessary identification (including photograph) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Grand Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals. By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the Grand Prize, the winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity. The Grand Prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Grand Prize winner or his/her designated guest from any activity at any time if the Grand Prize winner's or his/her guest's behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the Grand Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to the Sponsor's use of winner's name, voice, likeness and country of residence for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion, in any media throughout the world, without further payment or consideration.
10. PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, and by providing this information, you authorize Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. ("Starwood"): to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Starwood business related purposes; to store your information at and transmit it to various locations throughout the world, either directly or through third party vendors, whether within your country of residence, the United States, or elsewhere. To learn more about our data collection and usage practices, please see our Privacy Statement at starwoodhotels.com.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and the USTA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.