STARWOOD HOTELS AND RESORTS RACE TO THE POLE POSITION SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside India and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, local, provincial, territorial and municipal laws, regulations, and ordinances. Promotion begins on August 3, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. India Standard Time ("IST") and ends on September 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. IST (the "Entry Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Starwood Hotels and Resorts Race to the Pole Position Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of India who are at least 18 years of age or older and a Starwood Preferred Guest® ("SPG") member. Membership into the SPG® program is free and may be created at spg.com. Employees, officers, and directors of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Mercedes AMG Petronas, or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., One StarPoint, Stamford, CT 06902 United States. The Sweepstakes is administered by Votigo, Inc., 251 Lafayette Circle, Lafayette, CA 94549 United States.
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
(1) During the Entry Period, (a) register online at spg.com/polepositionIndia and (b) complete a one-night stay at a participating Starwood property in India. You will receive one Entry for each night stayed. The guest name on the reservation is the person who will be entered into the Sweepstakes. All information, along with a valid credit card guarantee, required for a reservation must be provided in order for the reservation to be eligible for an entry. Entries that result from transactions made with lost, stolen or fraudulent credit cards are ineligible.
(2) During the Entry Period, visit spgpromos.com/altindiasweeps. Complete all required fields of the onscreen Sweepstakes registration form, which includes SPG#, email address, and phone number; you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit one Entry per person, per day, regardless of method of entry. Entries must be complete to be eligible. Bulk, automated, third party, late, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries that are incomplete, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Potential winner are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
4. Selection of the Winner: On or about October 4, 2013, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner ("Winner") in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received.
The potential Winner will be notified by email and/or telephone on or about October 4, 2013. The potential Winner must sign and return, within three (3) days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her Prize. Winner's travel companion (or if companion is a minor, the companion's parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to prize travel. If a potential Winner fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate Winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Potential Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. Prize: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of a 3-day/2-night trip for two (2) to at a Sponsor-selected Starwood Hotel to attend the Indian Grand Prix from 25–27 October. Trip includes: round-trip business class (or next class down, if business class is unavailable) air transportation from a major airport nearest winner's residence to Delhi; standard hotel accommodations [one (1) room, double occupancy, room and tax only] for 3 days and 2 nights, daily breakfast, and two (2) VIP Hospitality passes at the Indian Grand Prix on October 27, 2013. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is INR 652740 Rupees.
Prize Restrictions: Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply to Grand Prize. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of Grand Prize trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. If Grand Prize Winner resides within a 150-mile radius of Delhi, ground transportation may be provided for Winner and his/her travel companion in lieu of air transportation, and no additional compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Grand Prize trip accommodations must be used on dates Specified by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited. In the event any of the events included in the Grand Prize is cancelled for reasons out of Sponsor's control, that portion of prize will be forfeited and no additional compensation will be provided. All fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize (such as security fees, gratuities, luggage fees, meals and ground transportation, and incidental charges) not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize Winners. Major credit card required at check-in to cover any incidental charges. Any and all taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize Winner. In the event a Winner and/or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor's services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send Winner and/or guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Winner and/or guest (which may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in the Winner's disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event the Winner or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Winner or guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Winner or guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF A PRIZE WINNER'S OR GUEST'S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF A PRIZE.
6. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs or threatens to impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the Website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
8. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER'S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
9. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut or the appropriate State Court located in Connecticut; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Connecticut.
11. Official Rules and Winners List: WINNERS LIST: To obtain the Official rules and/or list of winners, email Spg.AsiaPac@starwoodhotels.com;Csg.Asiapac@starwoodhotels.com.